Date of Release: Tuesday, July 9, 2019
RE: Full Day Pre-Kindergarten
Point of Contact: Gretchen Scoggins, LISD Coordinator of Special Programs & Communications email@example.com
Office 409.923.7827 or Cell 409.658.0829
Starting the 2019-20 school year, Lumberton ISD will be offering full-day Pre-Kindergarten classes for all eligible students located within our school district boundary. The school district will transition from two half-day class offerings to a full-day offering in response to new legislation offering high quality foundation and academic skills needed to support the child throughout their education.
To be eligible for pre-kindergarten, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The child qualifies for free or reduced lunch
- The child qualifies as homeless as defined by federal law
- The child is currently in or has been in foster care
- The child is unable to speak or comprehend the English language and needs English as a Second Language or bilingual opportunities
- The child qualifies as a child of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces or the child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- The child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
The district will provide transportation for all eligible Pre-Kindergarten students to and from school.
For any questions, please contact the Early Childhood Campus 923-7621, or attend new student registration to be held July 25th from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, and July 26th from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Lumberton High School campus.